BOOK Sahi Al-Bukhari
Topic “Bathing (Ghusl)”
248. Narrated ‘Aisha: Whenever the Prophet took a bath after Janaba he started by washing his hands and then performed ablution like that for the prayer. After that he would put his fingers in water and move the roots of his hair with them, and then pour three handfuls of water over his head and then pour water all over his body.
249. Narrated Maimuna: (the wife of the Prophet) Allah’s Apostle performed ablution like that for the prayer but did not wash his feet. He washed off the discharge from his private parts and then poured water over his body. He withdrew his feet from that place (the place where he took the bath) and then washed them. And that was his way of taking the bath of Janaba.
250. Narrated ‘Aisha: The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot called ‘Faraq’.
251. Narrated Abu Salama: ‘Aisha’s brother and I went to ‘Aisha and he asked her about the bath of the Prophet. She brought a pot containing about a Sa’ of water and took a bath and poured it over her head and at that time there was a screen between her and us.
252. Narrated Abu Ja’far: While I and my father were with Jabir bin ‘Abdullah, some People asked him about taking a bath He replied, “A Sa’ of water is sufficient for you.” A man said, “A Sa’ is not sufficient for me.” Jabir said, “A Sa was sufficient for one who had more hair than you and was better than you (meaning the Prophet).” And then Jabir (put on) his garment and led the prayer.
253. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: The Prophet and Maimuna used to take a bath from a single pot.
254. Narrated Jubair bin Mutim: Allah’s Apostle said, “As for me, I pour water three times on my head.” And he pointed with both his hands.
255. Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah: The Prophet used to pour water three times on his head.
256. Narrated Abu Ja’far: Jabir bin Abdullah said to me, “Your cousin (Hasan bin Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya) came to me and asked about the bath of Janaba. I replied, ‘The Prophet uses to take three handfuls of water, pour them on his head and then pour more water over his body.’ Al-Hasan said to me, ‘I am a hairy man.’ I replied, ‘The Prophet had more hair than you’. ”
257. Narrated Maimuna: I placed water for the bath of the Prophet. He washed his hands twice or thrice and then poured water on his left hand and washed his private parts. He rubbed his hands over the earth (and cleaned them), rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out, washed his face and both forearms and then poured water over his body. Then he withdrew from that place and washed his feet.